- 39742/39205-A RCA Victor - Llamada de amor porteno(Carlos Mayel 1941-01-13)
- 39743/39205-B RCA Victor - En este rincón amigo(Ricardo Ruiz 1941-01-13)
- 39878-2/39290-B RCA Victor - Tres recuerdos (Ricardo Ruiz 1941-05-13)
- 39879-2/39290-B RCA Victor - Solo tu (Ricardo Ruiz 1941-05-13)
- 59525/39319-A RCA Victor - Mariposita(instrumental 1941-09-16)
- 59526/39319-B RCA Victor - Después del carnaval(Ricardo Ruiz 1941-06-19)
- 59567/39342-A RCA - Juancito, el vendedor (Ricardo Ruiz 1941-07-10)
- 59568/39342-B RCA Victor - Vamos corazon (Ricardo Ruiz 1941-07-10)
- 59704/39373-A RCA Victor - Una vez en la vida(Ricardo Ruiz 1941-08-12)
- 59705/39873-B RCA Victor - Camino(Carlos Mayel 1941-08-12)
- 59787/39407-B RCA Victor - La negra esta loca (Ricardo Ruiz 1941-07-19)
- 59786/39407-A RCA Victor - Marcas(Carlos Mayel 1941-09-17)
- 59824/39433-A RCA Victor - Negra Maria (Carlos Roldan 1941-10-10)
- 59825/39433-B RCA Victor - Hablemos claramente(Ricardo Ruiz 1941-10-10)
- 59878/39459-A RCA Victor - Vacilacion(Ricardo Ruiz 1941-11-17)
- 59879/39459-B RCA Victor - No preciso(Ricardo Ruiz 1941-11-17)
- 59983/39489-B RCA Victor - Buscandote(Ricardo Ruiz 1941-12-30)
- 59984/39489-A RCA Victor - Derecho viejo(instrumental 1941-12-30)
We have some VERY dramatic tangos he recorded in this year. Vacilacion, Marcas, also Derecho viejo.
An old fellow of him had passed away early that year, who had takes his own seat in the orquesta years before as the major bandoneon player, when he himself changed to the directors position.
Luis Petrucelli had died Feb 28th 1941. He had played with De Caro, Canaro and also the Orquesta Tipica Victor before he entered the orquesta of Fresedo in 1935. Petrucelli also directed his own sextet between 1929-1931 and played alongside Elvino Vardaro.
After Petrucellis death it was Héctor Maria Artola who took over the first bando playing - but he could not replace Petrucelli properly. And so after the first two tunes recorded in January '41 we don't hear a lot bandoneon at all in the recordings - which must have bothered Fresedo as the bandoneon was his unique instrument, of course. Maybe we can see this also as a reason for Fresedo building up a whole new orquesta the following year. Anyway Ruíz "...left the orchestra along with most of the musicians and participated in the formation of the Orquesta Típica Argentina that had been set up to perform in the film La cabalgata del tango, written and directed by Juan Francisco López, Lopecito."
During 1941 Fresedo had another change and that was Federico Scorticatti who replaced Ulderico Panella as 3rd bandoneon player.